As the great educator and statesman Charles Malik stated, “More potently than by any other means, change the university and you change the world.”
- The philosophy of the classroom today becomes the philosophy of our culture tomorrow.
- Christian professors show by their words and their example that believers can be intellectual and caring people.
- They reach students who would never darken the door of a church or Christian group in college.
- Their presence encourages Christian students to seek out answers to the questions that arise about their faith.
Faculty Commons is part of the global faculty network of Cru. We are men and women who love the academy, who find the person and works of Jesus of Nazareth to be satisfying and true, and who look to Him as the beautiful hope for the world.
We are willing to wrestle with the ever-challenging question, “As a Christian, what should I do in the academy?” We seek to resource and reach faculty and professors on the college campus for Christ. For more information about Faculty Commons, how to launch a chapter at your university, or how to use the resources below contact us, contact John Lancaster or visit facultycommons.com.
Here are some resources that Faculty Commons offers to faculty, staff, and administrators in the Upstate:
My Ministry Minute
- Weekly first-person narratives from members of the academy of the successes and failures of living for Christ.
- Among the most popular: “Why The Dean Called One Night;” “Discouragement;” “God And Guitars”
- Free subscription to essays by Christian professors around the country
Meet the Prof
Meet The Prof is a place to for students to connect with a community of professors. We share a common love for students, for knowledge and for a free exchange of ideas. We’re honest about our own journeys, and we would love to hear about yours!